- Data collection
- Website usage
- When you are writing us an email
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- Data protection rights
- What is a „cookie”?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- About third-party cookies
- How to manage cookies?
- Contact information
- Contact details of appropriate authorities
1) Data collection
When you visit our website, the data is being collected when:
- you use the website
- when you contact us via email
The website is addressed to people who are at least 18 years old. The website does not deliberately collect or use the personal data of minors. If you are a parent or guardian, and you are aware that you will have a child who has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below and we will work with you to address/resolve this issue.
For various facilities/functions offered by the website dorinchiritoiu.eu, it is necessary to collect personal data. Thus, dorinchiritoiu.eu collects anonymized data that helps us profile visitors. For this analysis, we use an analytics software that places an analysis cookie when the user accesses the page. This cookie tells us if you have visited this site before. The web browser will tell us if you have this cookie, and if not, we will generate one. It allows monitoring the unique users who visit us and how often they do it. We collect the following type of data:
- the duration and time of the visit, as well as the time spent on each web page
- referrer URL
- the type of web browser and the language used
- operating system
- the type of device from which the website is accessed
- connection location and IP address (last 2 bytes are anonymized)
All this information is saved in the visitor ID, ID which is also stored in the cookie.
When you write us an email
You can send us messages directly to the email address from Section 10. If you use this communication method, we will process your email address and message so that we can read your message and respond, if necessary.
2) How will we use your data?
The data is collected to get an overview of visitor traffic.
We will never disclose/sell/provide your personal data to third parties unless the disclosure is required by law. We will also make sure by all available means that this information is secure.
3) How do we store your data?
The data is saved for a period of 24 months. The data is automatically deleted from the analytics platform after this period.
The data collected through cookies placed using Matomo are stored on our servers located in Germany.
The server where the analytics application and the website are hosted is provided by Strato AG. For more information on how servers are secured, please visit the following link. We have also taken the necessary measures to protect the data collected through the website using the recommendations from Matomo.
4) Data protection rights
As a data subject, you have specific legal rights related to the personal data we collect from you. We will respect your rights and respond to your requests appropriately.
(a) The right to withdraw your consent: If you have given your consent for the processing of your personal data, you can withdraw your consent at any time. In the case of cookies, this withdrawal can be made from the browser or this web page(see Section 9), in addition to the contact method provided in Section 10 below.
(b) The right to access: You can request information about the personal data we hold about you, including information about the categories of data we hold or control, what they are used for, the source from which we have collected it we obtained it indirectly, and to whom this data is disclosed, if applicable. We will provide you a copy of your personal data upon request. If you request multiple copies of your personal data, we may charge you a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
(c) The right to rectification: You have the right to obtain from us the rectification of personal data concerning you. You may contact us in the manner set forth in Section 10 below.
(d) The right to restrict processing: You can obtain from us the restriction of your personal data processing, if:
- challenge the correctness of your personal data for the period we need to verify the correctness,
- the processing is illegal, but you object to the deletion of personal data, instead requesting a restriction on their use,
- we no longer need your personal data but you request it in order to establish, exercise or defend a right in court, or
- you object to the processing for the period of time in which we verify that our legitimate interests prevail over yours.
(e) The right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us, and if it is technically feasible, to request that we transmit your personal data (which you have provided to us ) to another organization. These two rights are rights that you have if, cumulatively:
- We process your personal data using automatic means,
- We rely, in the processing of your personal data, on your consent or the processing by us of your personal data is necessary for the conclusion or execution of a contract to which you are a party;
- your personal data is provided to us by you, and
- the transmission of your personal data does not have a negative effect on the rights and freedoms of others.
You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and readable format. Your right to receive your personal data must not have a negative effect on the rights and freedoms of others. This could happen if a transfer of your personal data to another organization also involves the transmission of personal data to other people (who do not consent to this transfer). The right for your personal data to be transmitted by us to another organization is a right you have if this transmission is technically feasible.
(f) The right to erasure: You have the right to request that we delete the personal data we process about you. We must comply with this request if we process your personal data, and if personal data is no longer necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, unless the data is necessary:
- for the exercise of the right to free expression and information;
- to comply with a legal obligation we have;
- for archiving purposes related to public interest, scientific or historical research or statistical purposes;
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of a right in court.
(g) The right to object data processing: Where the processing is not based on your consent but on our legitimate interests, you may object anytime to the processing of your personal data for reasons related to your particular situation. In this case, we will no longer process your personal data, unless:
(i) we can prove legitimate and compelling reasons that justify the data processing. prevailing over your interests, rights and freedoms; or (ii) or where the purpose is to establish, exercise or defend a right in court. If you object to the processing, please specify if you also want your personal data to be deleted, otherwise we will only restrict them. Please remember:
- We will try to fulfill your request within one month. In any case, if this period is extended, we will inform you of the extension period and the reasons that led to this extension.
- Restricting access: In certain situations, we may not be able to grant you access to all or part of your personal data due to legal restrictions. If we deny your request for access, we will notify you of the reason for such denial.
- Impossibility of identification: In most cases we will not be able to identify your personal data due to the identification elements you provide us in the application. Please also keep in mind that the data collected through cookies is anonymized. In such cases, if we are unable to identify you as a data subject, we will not be able to process your request in accordance to this section, unless you provide us additional information to enable us to identify you. We will inform you and give you the opportunity to provide us with such additional details.
- Exercising your rights: To exercise your rights, please contact us using the contact details provided in Section 10 below.
5) What are cookies?
- provide site owners with valuable feedback on how their websites are used by users, so that they can make them even more efficient and accessible to users,
- enable multimedia or other applications from other websites to be included in a particular website to create a more valuable, useful, and enjoyable browsing experience,
- improve the efficiency of online advertising.
An "Internet Cookie" (also known as a "browser cookie" or "HTTP cookie" or simply a "cookie") is a small file which contains letters and numbers that will be stored on your computer, mobile terminal, or other equipment of a user from which the Internet is accessed.
The cookie is installed at the request of a webserver to a web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Edge) and is completely "passive" (does not contain software, viruses or spyware, and cannot access information from user's hard drive). Technically, only the webserver that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated with that webserver.
Cookies themselves do not require personal information in order to be used and, in most cases, do not personally identify internet users.
There are three different ways to classify cookies: what purpose they serve, how long they endure, and their provenance (gdpr.eu).
- Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser (or once your session ends).
- Persistent cookies – they are stored on the computer or device hard drive (and generally depend on the default cookie lifetime). Persistent cookies also include those placed by a website other than the one the user is currently visiting - known as 'third-party cookies' - which can be used to memorize anonymously a user's interests so that the most relevant advertising is delivered to users.
Cookies are administered by webservers. The lifetime of a cookie can vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. As mentioned above, some cookies are used exclusively during single session (session cookies) and are no longer retained once the user has left the website, and other cookies are retained and reused each time the user returns to that website ("permanent cookies"). However, cookies can be deleted by a user at any time via web browser settings (see Section 9).
- First-party cookies are put on your device directly by the website you are visiting. The website is displayed in the address bar.
- Third-party cookies are placed on your device not by the website you are visiting, but by a third party like an advertiser or an analytics system.
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential for you to browse the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the site.
- Functionality cookies allow a website to remember choices you have made in the past, like what language you prefer, what region you would like weather reports for.
- Cookie-urile pentru statistică collect information about how you use a website, like which pages you visited and which links you clicked on. None of this information can be used to identify you. It is all aggregated and, therefore, anonymized. Their sole purpose is to improve website functions. This includes cookies from third-party analytics services as long as the cookies are for the exclusive use of the owner of the website visited.
- Marketing cookies track your online activity to help advertisers deliver more relevant advertising or to limit how many times you see an ad. These cookies can share that information with other organizations or advertisers. These are persistent cookies and almost always of third-party provenance.
7) What types of cookies do we use?
This website uses the following cookies:
|Strictly necessary cookies|
|_cfduid||1 month||is a security cookie that helps Cloudflare detect malicious visitors to our websites and minimizes blocking legitimate users. For more information please visit the wiki page provided by Cloudflare.|
|cb-enabled||365 days||stores your preference in regards to cookie usage on this website (others than the functional ones). Its values are accepted (accept the usage of cookies) or disabled (do not accept the usage of cookies).|
|mtm_consent_removed||30 years||you have the possibility to stop anytime the collection and aggregation of your data via cookies. You may do that by using the link from Section 9.|
|_pk_id||13 months||used to store details about you such as your unique ID. The web browser will tell us if you have the cookie installed, and if not, we will generate one. The cookie will allow us to monitor the unique visitors we have and how often they access the web page.|
|_pk_ses||30 minutes (automatically extended when website is accessed again)||short-duration cookies used to store information about your visit.|
Notă: Regarding Matomo, the collected data is anonymized using the following recommendation: link.
8) About third-party cookies
This website does not use third-party cookies. However, social media buttons (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter), video streaming platforms (Vimeo, Youtube), or other applications (Disqus), once accessed, may place third-party cookies on your device. For further information about them and how they are used, please access the privacy policies of the respective websites and applications.
9) How to manage cookies
All modern browsers offer the possibility to change your cookie settings. These settings may be usually found in "options" or in menu "preferences" of your web browser.
To understand these settings, please check the following links. Otherwise, you may use the option "help" of your web browser for further information.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
- Cookie settings in Edge
For more information on cookies, access allaboutcookies.org or you can write us directly an email (see Section 10).
O altă posibilitate este utilizarea să ceri ca acest site web să nu-ți mai colecteze și agregheze datele de la tine folosind următorul link:
10) Contact details
In case you would like to write us, please contact us at contact[at]dorinchiritoiu[dot]eu.
11) Contact details of appropriate authorities
In case you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact "Die Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit" at the following address:
Germany has multiple agencies that work on data protection and privacy. For further information, please access the following page: https://www.bfdi.bund.de/bfdi_wiki/index.php/Aufsichtsbeh%C3%B6rden_und_Landesdatenschutzbeauftragte